Tuesday 7 June 2011

Workplace Loafers

Have you ever had to work with people who just don't care, I have and it one of the most frustrating things in the world. I am not someone who lives for work, but someone is paying for my time and effort so I always try and give the very best work performance that I can.
Unfortunately not every body I work with has this attitude and there seems to be so little that can be done about it, I have no authority over these people and when challenged they just shrug their shoulders and say tough.  Their idea of meeting timescales revolves around not working one more second than necessary.
Management simply asks me not upset them as they will simply claim stress at work and stay home for six months on full pay if they feel that I am pressuring them to do their job. I am not sure that their absence for six months would really be noticed and it may be worth the risk to see if their posts are really justified.
The only real pleasure I gain from working with these people is imagining what  their expression would be if I beat them around the head with the mounds of unfinished paperwork and wasted project plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment